Leadership Washington Focus
At a Glance...July 17-21, 2017 National 4‑H Youth Conference Center
Chevy Chase, MD Jeannette Rea-Keywood
The program will provide an opportunity for youth to listen to motivational speakers and participate in workshops that will develop communication skills, increase leadership capacity and build lifetime skills.
Activities during the 4-day conference will help delegates to:
- Build confidence in their ability to motivate and direct others in meaningful action.
- Practice effective communication with others through group discussion and public speaking.
- Work with others to create and accomplish goals.
- Develop an understanding of leadership styles and identify personal style.
- Exchange ideas, practice respect and form friendships with other 4‑H'ers from across the nation.
- Visit some of D.C.'s most spectacular sights and learn about the different types of leadership conveyed through the symbolism of our national monuments and memorials.