New Jersey State 4-H Volunteer Association
The primary purpose of the association is to assist in maintaining and expanding a strong 4-H Youth Development Program in New Jersey.
Some of the functions of the association are to:
- be an advisory group to the 4-H Youth Development chair, and the Director of Extension
- initiate and implement support for statewide programs considered necessary for the growth and development of 4-H
- provide liaison between Cooperative Extension Administration and the county 4-H related Extension youth program
- evaluate the work of Cooperative Extension as it relates to 4-H and other Extension youth programs
- represent the interests of 4-H groups in planning statewide Cooperative Extension youth programs
- seek ways to gain the understanding and support of the public for 4-H and related Cooperative Extension youth programs
- ascertain the need for and identify possible sources of private funds to supplement those funds available from public sources for the furtherance of the 4-H youth program
Please contact your local 4-H county office to see how you get connected with this state 4-H volunteer group.